Deputy Education Manager - HMYOI Aylesbury
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Education Manager to join our Offender Learning team at HMYOI Aylesbury.
You will work closely with the Education Manager to effectively and efficiently manage all aspects of the department, ensure the day-to-day-smooth running of the department and its staff and support the achievement of outstanding learning, teaching and success.
This vacancy would suit a highly motivated education professional, with a can do approach. You will support the Education Manager to plan and manage the deployment of staff and resources by supporting the department to deliver high quality courses that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
Location: HMYOI Aylesbury
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £33,235 - £35,416 per annum
Closing date: 14th May 2018
Milton Keynes College: Rewards
• 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
• Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
• Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
• Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
• Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
• Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
• Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
• Plus many more…
About HMYOI Aylesbury . . .
HMYOI Aylesbury is a prison housing young prisoners aged 18-21, all serving sentences over 4 years. The Education Department works closely with our prison colleagues to deliver medium to long courses that help prepare learners for employment both within the long term prison estate and on release to the community. Courses include English and Maths Functional Skills (Entry 2 to Level 2), Business, ICT, Hospitality, Music Technology and Radio, Painting & Decorating, Horticulture, Construction, peer mentoring and Barbering. This is complemented by a range of courses available through distance learning at level 3 and beyond e.g. Open University, A Levels and BTEC level 3.
In the department we believe the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge will help our learners to end their offending behaviour. We engage the hardest to reach learners and encourage them to take pride in their own education and self-development. As a department, we endeavour to inspire learners to achieve and for some, attain their first significant qualifications. If you believe that you can inspire and reach challenging young prisoners, then we would like to hear from you!
As a successful candidate you will:
• Have a degree or vocational qualification.
• Hold a recognised qualification in Leadership & Management (or be willing to work towards, by partaking in the College Leadership & Management Apprenticeship Programme) (Essential)
• Hold a teaching qualification and ideally assessor/verifier awards.
• Have proven educational management experience.
• Have experience of leading curriculum innovation and development.
• Have experience of providing high quality and effective learning.
• Have a strong track record in the management of quality improvement with evidence of raising standards.
• Have well developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Display energy, drive and an entrepreneurial attitude to work.
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skills associated with engaging Young Offenders in order to reduce re-offending.
• The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.