Graduate Structural Engineer (2+ Years Experience) - Bedford
Role: Graduate Structural Engineer
Salary: Up to £30,000
Penguin Recruitment are currently looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join one of the UK's leading multi-disciplinary architectural practices in their Bedfordshire office.
The Graduate Structural Engineer will have at least 2 years of relevant post-graduate experience in a similar Structural role within a UK consultancy.
The company also offer an ICE approved training agreement and a route towards chartered membership of a professional engineering institution.
The main purpose of the job will be to work as a Graduate Structural Engineer on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects, covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK.
The Graduate Structural Engineers main responsibilities:
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects;
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis and design software;
- Prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD;
- Provide technical support to include report writing and presentations;
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections;
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work;
- Work on projects in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables;
- Maintain all necessary records;
- Mentoring and training more junior members of staff;
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in your office. In particular to work with your team leader and immediate design team, and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all time.
The Graduate Structural Engineer will be required to have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering Degree from an ICE approved institution;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience, and working towards chartership;
- Must be living within a commutable distance to Bedford, or have relevant reasons for relocating to the area;
- Willingness to undertake further training in office and own time to achieving CEng status;
- Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team;
- Good communication, interpersonal and team working skills;
- Good analytical and organisation skills;
- High level of IT proficiency;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work;
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self;
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards;
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Structural or related field;
- Good presentation skills.
In order to discuss this role, please contact Tom on 01792 365108, or alternatively send an email expressing your interest with a CV attached to