Churchill Howard are working in partnership with a highly successful business based in central Birmingham area to recruit a Management Accountant. The successful Management Accountant will be working closely with the Senior Management Accountant on existing business. Main tasks will be sales reconciliation work, ownership and production of surgery P&Ls, balance sheet reconciliations and liaison with the surgeries on a regular basis.
* Owning specific surgery P&Ls and producing their monthly management accounts to a high level of accuracy
* Working with the team to deliver a comprehensively reconciled balance sheet pack each month
* Providing clear and actionable P&L explanation and commentary to the surgery business support managers each month
* Dealing with surgery queries regarding their results, providing support to Takings to clear their surgery reconciliation differences each month, and ensuring any surgery process issues are picked up and resolved
* Working with the team to ensure current processes are efficient and fit for purpose, and to help identify areas for efficiency gains to support the next phase of growth
* Regular interaction with the surgeries to answer queries and assist them with process adherence
* Any other tasks as required
* Strong academically - educated to degree level and qualified CIMA level or equivalent
* Well experienced in management accounting roles in similar sized organisations
* Must have sufficient commercial experience
* Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key
* Excellent IT skills including advanced excel, and confident on various management reporting systems
* Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly
* Deadline focused, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them
* Comfortable working within a clinical environment where compassion is a requirement
* Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well within the team, and communicate effectively but sympathetically with the surgeries.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.