Highways England is the new Government company that operates, maintains and improves England`s network of motorways and major A roads. This network is around 4,300 miles long and while it represents only 2 per cent of all roads in England by length it carries a third of all traffic by mileage as well as two thirds of heavy goods traffic, making it the backbone of the country.
We have around 3,500 staff based in seven offices around the country including a uniformed Traffic Officer service in control centres and patrolling key areas of the network. Highways England is held to account by two bodies who act on behalf of the public - The Office of Rail and Roads monitor the performance of our highways and Transport Focus champion the needs of road users.
A new way of managing our assets known as the Asset Management Model has been introduced into Highways England to improve how we plan and programme major project schemes and how we undertake maintenance on the network.
This means that some of the roles currently carried out by our suppliers will transfer into Highways England and this change will mean that we take on many roles that we have not done before.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: http://www.highways.gov.uk/highways-england/
Highways England is currently recruiting for an Information Architect to be based in Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham or Bristol.
You will apply the principles of design and architecture to the organisations digital landscape to improve information quality and timeliness for business teams and partners to meet business need and improve business processes and intelligence.
You will work with the Information Strategy and Architecture Manager to deliver an Open Data Strategy and delivery plan to support our business imperatives and delivery of the Roads Investment Strategy.
The role will also be responsible for managing and maintaining the Company`s Information Asset Register and providing assurance to the Director of Information Management that the management of Information Assets across the business and supply chain is both proportionate and appropriate.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships across the Information and Technology Directorate to develop a clear corporate inventory of our ?as-is` and ?to-be` data architecture.
- To understand the Company`s strategic data requirements and provide high level integrated designs to meet these requirements.
- To provide a standard common business vocabulary and data architecture principles.
- Ensure alignment between enterprise strategy and related business architecture.
- Provide an informed understanding of key data and information assets to ensure corporate and directorate Information Asset Registers accurately reflect the Company`s data architecture.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- A good understanding of information taxonomy.
- Managing successful internal and external stakeholder engagement to deliver positive benefits for the business.
- Proven experience in implementing an information architecture across a complex organisation
- Good knowledge of established and emerging innovations in the use of information systems or technologies
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.