Join Teach & Learn China! 4 Month Internships in Amazing Sichuan Province
Want to get off-the-beaten track and experience something different? Discover a world of hospitality in the heart of Western China.
Live, teach and learn in one of China’s most unique provinces!
You can spend 4 amazing months teaching English and learning Mandarin in Sichuan province, one of China’s most enigmatic and beautiful regions.
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people who can commit themselves to a minimum of one semester of teaching in China. As an intern teacheryou will have full classroom responsibilities with an emphasis on creating fun, interactive and interesting lessons for your students.
This is a fantastic program if you are looking to gain some practical TEFL teaching experience, sample an exciting new culture and want to try out teaching abroad without making a long term commitment.
- Choose from 1 or 2 semester placement
- Start early September 2014 or early January 2015
- One semester placement runs from September 2014 until January 2015
- Two semester placement runs from September 2014 until June 2015
Welcome to Sichuan – a land of creaking wooden pagodas, ancient monasteries, giant glacial mountains, rolling grasslands, fertile valleys, fiery cuisine and hearty locals! This feels like undiscovered China, a place you can you join Tibetans as they pay homage to the holy nature reserve of Yading, reflect in moody temples that guard the jagged mountain peaks and get up close and personal with some of China’s most famous and fluffy residents, at the Giant Panda ecology park in Chengdu!
- Native or near native English speaker
- Able to commit to 4 month internship placement
- Culturally adaptable
- No degree required
- TEFL certificate (applicants must have a 100+ hour TEFL certificate before August 20th 2014 at the latest)
- Earn a generous local living allowance of RMB 2,000 monthly
- Fantastic immersion opportunity into Western China’s culture of hospitality
- Completion bonus of RMB 2,500
- Airport pick up & drop off
- Welcome dinner
- Full orientation upon arrival
- Cultural excursions
- Free accommodation throughout placement
- Meals provided during teaching days
- Mandarin lessons (at least 2 hours weekly)
- 24/7 support from local team in China
- Local teachers to assist you
- Program sponsored by local government in Sichuan
- Share your experience and culture with enthusiastic Chinese students!
- Visa sponsorship
- Latest Edition Lonely Planet E Guide to China
- FREE teacher blog
- Go Further! More TEFL job assistance after your China teaching adventure