Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Food Production) £34K
Our client is looking for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their growing business.
Purpose of the job:To keep production machinery and equipment fully operational and carry out general site maintenance in accordance with P.P.M. system and business requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of all operational equipment whilst maintaining safe working practices.
- Responsible for reactive breakdown repairs and adhere to the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Fault Diagnosis and Repair of a wide variety of Electro - Mechanical Systems including Hydraulics, Conveyors, Multi-head weighers, check weighers, flow wrappers, over-wrapping machines, gas flush machines, LP air compressors and associated systems.
- Carry out routine maintenance to all plant and services whilst maintaining accurate record keeping.
- Assist in the management of Health and Safety and Company policies in compliance with current regulations and legislation.
- Assist in current and future projects including introduction of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Carry out any other reasonable request from employer.
Hands on, as the business dictates; working under pressure, dynamic; in chilled or ambient environments. Working on alternative shift patterns which may include some weekend work.
06:00 - 14:00 & 14:00 - 22:00 Monday to Friday.
- Engineering experience and fault diagnostic role gained within FMCG, Food or heavy engineering environment ideally with experience of packaging machinery, VFFS, flow wrapping
- Strong knowledge of electrical distribution and control systems including fault diagnosis to control systems with clear understanding and interpretations of electrical schematic drawings. Ideally IEE qualified up to 17th edition wiring Regulations
- Previous experience programming PLCs (desirable)
- Some basic fault diagnostic skills using PLC systems is essential (software and hardware)
- Knowledge of inverter drives, sensors and safety circuits (control methods)
- Instrumentation & calibration
- 3 phase motors and associated controls
- Hold recognised engineering qualifications and be able to demonstrate both mechanical and electrical competences. Electrical skills to include new electrical installations and fault-finding skills.
- Experience of general maintenance work including basic fabrication skills.
- Ability to read both mechanical and electrical schematic drawings to component level.
- Setting up machinery to fine tolerances
- Experience of PPM system
- Recognised engineering qualification to HNC or equivalent in Mechanical &/or Electrical disciplines.
- Good communication skills, task-focused, used to working within a team of technicians where job handovers and pick-ups occur on a regular basis
- Demonstrate a logical approach to mechanical fault diagnosis
- Computer literate to include Microsoft Office Applications