Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor
Job Title: Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor with experience working in the Civil Engineering industry? You will be working for projects in excess of £30k responsible for receiving, processing and submitting framework and bespoke tenders.
We are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to cover the southeast of the country. Reporting to the Team Leader, the post-holder will be responsible for receiving, processing and submitting framework and bespoke tenders and managing ongoing projects from a commercial aspect.
- Carry out thorough financial negotiations as required in order to secure client contracts.
- Create job number and, for projects in excess of £30K, formulate a realistic budget for the scheme in order to hold a commercial handover meeting with the project team.
- Prepare and administer PayGo and subcontractor schedules so that operatives are aware of how much they will be paid.
- Agree and submit monthly interim valuations and final accounts in order to ensure timely processing of client invoicing and payment applications.
- Identify, prepare, submit and agree early warning notices and compensation events as required under NEC contract to ensure that any changes to original quotations are factored in.
- Experience of working to NEC Framework contracts
- Able to work alone own and using own initiative to solve problems and complete daily tasks.
- Full clean UK driving licence
- A good communicator, able to liaise confidently and deal with a variety of people including the client, suppliers and wider team members face-to- face, in writing and on the telephone.