Permanent. Credit Controller. Manchester. Transport and Rail. Transport & Distribution. Accountancy.
Our Client is a European Freight Forwarder and transportation company with various sites across the UK. Head office is based in Manchester.
The Successful Credit Controller will be reporting to the Credit Manager - working in a team of 3, and duties will include:
- In charge of the large SME aged debt ledger
- Chasing outstanding accounts and logging all calls
- Resolving queries on accounts
- Issuing reminder letters, 7 day letters and final demands
- Negotiating payment plans as required
- Account and statement reconciliations
- Advising the credit Manager on problem debt and escalating any issues
- Offering an excellent level of customer care at all times
- taking payments over the phone and processing
- Updating the company "stop" lists
The successful Credit Controller will be used to managing the full process of the aged debt ledger. They will be happy working on their own initiative in a sometimes pressurised environment. A confident, professional telephone manner is also needed.
- Competitive remuneration
- Free parking
- Interesting and varied role