Business Analyst Energy Trading Implementation (Energy/Oil/Gas)
Business Analyst Energy Trading Implementation - 6 Months Rolling
Keywords: Business Analyst, CTRM, Energy Trading and Risk Management, Derivatives, Commodity, ETRM, Oil, Gas, Energy, Senior Consultant, Implementation,
Harrington Starr are urgently recruiting for a Senior Energy Trading Business Analyst who is required to work for an innovative commodities client in the UK on an initial 6 month contract.
In this role you will be joining and assisting their Business analysis team in a large implementation project of Sol Arc Right Angle ETRM system.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience of Energy market fundamentals and physical operations for Power and/or Natural Gas.
The role is a wide and varied one but some of the day to day responsibilities will include:
- Capturing client requirements and documenting a functional solution
- Ensuring that the solution functional specification are consistent with best software analysis, design and implementation guidelines
- Configuring the technical solution to match the solution design
- Oversee testing of the specific work stream
- Supporting the development process
- Work with the in-house support, QA and development teams to help drive the platform's usage through the end client
- Advising developers and technical staff on business context
- Continuously review processes and product documentation and improve software expertise
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Business Analyst
- Excellent Understanding of the Energy Market
- Knowledge of trading commodities via exchanges
- Previous experience of the Energy/Commodities industry (Commodities, Gas, Power, Oil etc)
- Knowledge of Energy Trading, Energy Risk Management (ETRM), Commodities Trading Risk Management (CTRM)
- Ideally you will also have knowledge of Sol Arc Right Angle
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be open to some work related travel
To be considered for this role you must have experience in a Front Office or Middle Office role in a Business Analysis capacity, within an Energy/Commodity Trading environment (ETRM/CTRM) working with the physical trade of gas and gas operations and/or knowledge of oil. Implementation of an ETRM product ideally SolArc would be advantageous.
If you are the right Business Analyst position then please send your CV. This is an urgent position and a quick turnaround is expected. You will be working for a dynamic and forward thinking organisation.