A manufacturing distribution business require a Purchasing Assistant to join their Buying Team. Initially on a 6 month FTC, with the view to permanent employment the Purchasing Assistant will engage with suppliers and manage stock levels.
The Purchasing Assistant will join a small Buying Team. Initially available on a 6 month FTC, with a view to permanent employment.
Specific duties of the Purchasing Assistant include:
1. Raising and expediting Purchase Orders
2. Building good relationships with suppliers
3. Monitor stock levels
4. Schedule deliveries and collections
5. Maintenance of Purchasing Department administrative records and data
Purchasing Assistant applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Experience in a Purchasing, Supply Chain or Logistics role
2. Excellent teamwork and communication skills
3. IT literacy
4. Ability to build relationships with - suppliers, customers and colleagues