Field Generator Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Assistant Service Manager
Main job purpose:
Responsible for the provision of an efficient and effective field service delivery function for the service business operations, working closely with the service team to maximise business performance. Ensure compliance with Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Systems requirements as defined in the Quality Procedure and Work Instructions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To carry out work in accordance with the appropriate QHSE system requirements
- Responsible onsite for executing and completing works within agreed timescales.
- Responsible for effective communications with service team
- Responsible for liaison with onsite customer contact when required.
- Familiarisation with supplied risk assessments and method statements and ensure safe working practices.
- To provide breakdown support as and when necessary.
- To carry out planned maintenance and repairs as allocated.
- Fault finding and replacement of ancillary equipment and engine service to ensure service excellence and "first fix" wherever possible.
- Advise on outstanding spare parts required for the jobs in progress as required.
- Submission of reports, timesheets and expense claims immediately on completion of job in accordance with Company guidelines.
- To liaise with assistant service manager on completion of scheduled activities to facilitate allocation of next job.
- Monitor and report all van stock requirements to ensure efficient and effective usage and waste disposal according to Company procedures.
- Advise on new ideas on tooling and efficiency.
- Highlight and report any deficiencies within the department and put forward reasonable recommendations.
- Ensure all accidents and near misses within the department are reported in logbook and to assistant service manager.
- Arrange review meetings with Line Manager if additional assistance is required.
- To attend departmental meetings, training courses, etc., as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Sound secondary education
- Time Served from a Nationally recognised apprenticeship in Electrical or Mechanical discipline
- Ability to demonstrate electrical or mechanical aptitude with proven track record of application of electrical or mechanical principles
- Previous experience in a service environment working on various generator equipment
- Able to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills including report writing
- Customer service focused
- Good numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Methodical and flexible approach
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to work both in a team or individually
- Ability to multi-task
- Competent in Microsoft Office, e-mail and internet