An exciting opportunity has arisen for a good team player, looking for an exciting and rewarding career in an International Bank during an exciting period of growth. The Bank is seeking a Relationship Manager to join our Commercial Banking department.
The role is full time and would be based in our fantastic London office in the heart of the city.
The right candidate will have significant experience in delivering high quality customer portfolio management and will have spent a high proportion of their career within financial services having a thorough understanding and appreciation of the need to operate within risk and regulatory standards - particularly in their target markets. The candidate will also be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of global economic and political conditions, current affairs, competitor activity, and the implication of these on our customers.
The main accountabilities for the role will be to build and maintain a portfolio of customers while developing new opportunities from customer contacts (include travel to market). The latter must also ensure appropriate provision of products and services (as well as maintaining regular proactive contact and rapid reaction to customer approaches) while retaining existing revenue streams and generating new opportunities to ensure delivery against agreed business plans.
- Relevant experience with Commercial/Corporate banking and commercial business interactions
- Exposure to Sub Saharan African markets would be an advantage.
- Excellent relationship management skills with in depth knowledge of handling and meeting customers’ business needs.
- Broad knowledge of commercial credit terms and ability to analyse financial statements.
- Strong marketing and interpersonal skills.
- Presentation skills required to demonstrate features and benefits of product usage.
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills.
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Able to work in a fast paced pressured environment, maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- The salary will be £40 - 45K; plus benefits.