Area Sales Manager - South
This is a unique career opportunity only a few sales professionals in the UK will be able to take advantage of…
We are searching for someone who can use their exceptional sales and market knowledge to separate themselves from the competition. You will identify and develop business within the region and build beneficial relationships with existing and new customers. You will be selling large range of rotating equipment and engineering solutions.
Using your existing skills you will be able to
- Build new customer portfolio
- Increase sales with current customers
- Manage a variety of key accounts
- Account management including competitor analysis and identifying new business opportunities
- Increase sales within a given customer base.
- Open and build on new accounts in the designated territory to contribute to sales targets
- Assist customers in increasing MTBF through product selection
- Gain market share from competitors to grow the organizations customer base.
- Maintain / update CRM system to provide an audit trail
- Support and assist your team members where required
- Manage day-to-day sales activities
- Secure new business by negotiating contracts
- Provide sales planning for the designated region, to ensure market potential is achieved and action plans are in place for further profitable growth.
- Bridge the local sales companies and central plc activities to ensure efficient and productive relationships on all aspects of sales, engineering support and customer service.
- Report on sales and company budgeting duties for the region.
- Management of key accounts
N.B this list is not exhaustive, the job holder is required to carry out all reasonable tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
- Must be prepared to travel throughout the areas of the UK as required
- Actively take part in the company's in-house continuous training programme
- The role required the candidate to be able to drive
- Current full and clean driving license
- GCSE grade C+ in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or high level qualification
- Technical apprenticeship served
Skills & Knowledge
- Have knowledge and experience with rotating equipment, both practical and theoretical.
- Have good knowledge and understanding of the working region
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- IT Literate
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to prioritise work and manage projects
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of company forecasting and budgeting
- Proven history in external customer facing sales.
- Understanding of the mechanical seal market
- Understanding and knowledge of opportunities within the region
- Proven record of achieving challenging targets
- Experience of working within an engineering environment
- Experience of ROI selling
- Proven record of achieving sales targets
- Experience with contract negotiation
- Experience within a sales / procurement environment
- Have experience or an understanding, in the following:
- Oil & Gas
- Regional Industry
- Customer base
- Effective communicator
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Eager to assist in the continuous improvement of the organisation
- Ability to promote, embrace and manage change
- Contribute to a happy working environment
You have got an excellent opportunity to help a leading business grow and develop your own existing skills!
So click apply now, we want to hear from you!