Corporate Tax Advisor - Top 30 Firm
A Top 30 Firm of Chartered Accountants are currently looking for a Corporate Tax Advisor for their office located near major rail links in Central London. This is an exciting advisory role offering a large degree of autonomy as well as a generous remuneration package including 25 days’ annual leave.
You will work with the Tax Consulting Team, managing a variety of tax advisory projects. You will primarily work with a small, dedicated client base but will also handle a wide range of referrals for occasional assignments. The role involves a significant degree of autonomy, with full responsibility for client requirements and minimal partner involvement beyond final review.
Typical projects the Tax Consulting Team work on include;
- Corporate Reorganisations
- Share Schemes
- R&D Tax
- Capital Allowances
- Loan Relationships
- Intangible Assets
- Property Transactions
- Corporate Transaction Structuring
- Tax Due Diligence
Responsibilities will include;
- Producing complete reports and advice to a high standard in accordance with the firm’s requirements, needing final partner review only.
- Effective provision of tax planning advice to clients, both direct to clients and through corporate and business team portfolio managers
- Maintaining and displaying pro-active awareness of current relevant tax legislation, compliance standards and potential advantages, and applying them to client situations
- Controlling own portfolio and client costs.
- Acting as main point of contact for client queries and maintaining effective working relationships with clients
- Effectively delegating work to the team, including planning, instruction and review of work, and giving constructive feedback through job appraisals.
- Producing high quality business correspondence including technically demanding reports and advice letters whilst demonstrating a value for money service to clients.
- Taking responsibility for WIP, billing procedures and debtor control through liaison with appropriate Partners.
- Proactively identifying new clients and business opportunities.
- Welcoming opportunities to meet with referral sources for fee development purposes.
- Acting as main point of contact for client queries
- CTA qualified or equivalent
- Relevant, extensive tax experience gained within accountancy practice
- Confident, articulate and able to communicate and build relationships both with clients and colleagues at levels
- Well-presented and professional
- Effective team leader, who can produce results and command respect from the team
- Strong IT skills
- Well organised
- Efficient with excellent judgement, and able to inspire the same qualities in others
- Mature and professional: takes responsibility for the job
- Able to influence decision making.
For further information on this Corporate Tax Advisor role, please apply directly or contact Nicholas Peer at AJ Chambers.