As Financial Controller, you will be responsible for developing the business focus and processes to control costs and ensure budgets are met. This can be achieved by, but not limited to;
- Continuously monitor and track cost and performance at units and identify opportunities for improvement and drive improvement initiatives.
- Ensure effective cost controlling by the red flagging for overruns and concerns.
- Ensure cost reporting tools are continuously developed and integrated to existing systems and processes.
- Drive accurate and complete recording, reporting of cost drivers and associated costs.
- Objective and proactive analysis of purchase contracts
- Ensure service contracts are properly priced with appropriate clauses for penalties for non-performance.
- Value creation through implementation of strong control mechanisms, and embedding a framework for measuring and approving the work done by contractors.
- Strong supervision on contractor cost spend across the sites.
The position would suit an existing Financial Controller looking for more complex and challenging portfolio or is a Finance Manager / Management Accountant at present in another large mining group looking to develop their career further and has a demonstrable experience areas relevant to this position.
You will be commercially and technically adept, multicultural with strong communication, presentation and planning skills and are of distinct value to the company and position.