£28,000 - £33,000 + Benefits
Perpetual Partnerships are a North West based recruitment consultancy with a significant track record of supporting the key goals of organisations within the engineering community.
This is an outstanding leader in bespoke automation and special purpose machinery which treads new ground with their unique application of technology and original concepts. They supply into a range of blue chip companies across many different industries and have been expanding rapidly over the last 5 years, currently having a full 20 month order book. Make sure you are the person to make the most of this opportunity.
The Role & Person
The role of Technical Author is responsible for creating and developing all technical documentation as required by the business to support our customers and business development.
Technical documentation includes illustrated equipment operating manuals, maintenance procedures, recommended spares lists, functional specifications, training manuals, customer quotations and proposals, and other technical documentation as required.
Some of the Key responsibilities:
- Liaise with all appropriate parties including technical design engineers, product specialists and product directors to provide accurate technical documentation on time and to customer and business requirements
- Produce technical documentation both written and illustrated as required by our customer and business requirements
- Produce and manage a document management plan
- Validate operation and maintenance procedures included in the technical documentation
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant engineering experience preferably in machinery automation
- Relevant technical author experience preferably in machinery automation
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Ability to convert technical subject matter into easily understood text
- Proficient with appropriate software required for technical documentation such as; Solidworks Composer, 2D CAD, Adobe and/or others appropriate to the task
- Have a comprehensive understanding of how the mechanical, electrical and pneumatic aspects of the equipment operate / interact / interlock to satisfy the system specification and customers' process requirements.
- Proficient in use of MS Office package
Benefits, Prospects & Training
You will receive first class training including internal and external training courses. The organisation are renowned for the training and support they give to their staff.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail please don't hesitate to call
Sarah Farrugia on