Due to continued growth, my client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced "hands-on" Quality Manager to join their established successful team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking business which promotes training & development and further career progression.
Purpose of Role:
The Quality Manager will be responsible for a small but effective team working at various locations globally.
Your primary responsibility will be ensuring total customer satisfaction with regards to quality of goods leaving the UK facility.
As Quality Manager you will be responsible for co-ordinating improvement and checking projects at our supply base, principally in the Far East. You must therefore be prepared to undertake some international visits on occasion which will require staying away from home for the duration. This is expected to be an infrequent requirement (approximately equivalent to 2-4 weeks per year)
The successful candidate will have experience of improving and modernising a Quality department to include implementing robust Procedures, updating and improving existing Quality Management Systems and all related Quality documentation.
This superb opportunity isn't just a management position, you will be a "hands-on" Quality Manager prepared to get your hands dirty and assist others where required.
This is an exciting new opportunity to work for a business which is experiencing extraordinary growth with an exceptionally low staff turnover.
With fully refurbished offices and a friendly working environment this is an opportunity not to be missed. Please note due to the location, a driving license and car will be essential for the successful candidate.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Proven experience as a Quality Manager with a manufacturing/engineering environment (heavy engineering preferred).
- Leading a small team of Quality personnel
- Familiar with ISO9001 Quality Management Systems and hands-on experience of implementing this
- Auditing to ISO9001 (Certification Advantageous but not Essential)
- Be a hands-on Quality Manager, with a problem solving & continuous improvement mentality
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Root Cause Analysis/8D/Control Plans/SPC/
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Experience of improving and implementing new process & procedures
- New Product Introductions (NPI)
- Customer / Supplier Management
- IT Literate
- Initiate, implement and control corrective actions with suppliers in case of quality deviations
- Manage global facilities to carry out inspections and improvement projects with the company's supply base
- Conduct daily incoming inspections and report findings
- First Article Inspections
- New Product Introduction NPI
- Carry out New Supplier Audits
In return for the above you will enjoy a competitive salary & benefits package. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business which values its employees and which can offer excellent career prospects.
Interviews are being arranged quickly and it is envisaged that this position will be filled quickly. For more information please email your CV to:
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com