Process Engineer (Telecommunications)
30-35k Per Year
Our client based in Malton, North Yorkshire is looking for a Process Engineer to start immediately. The company are a global leader and this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an expanding successful business.
Provides technical direction to all phases of Process Engineering in order to improve quality, reduce costs and maximize production. Provides technical leadership for all Product Engineering activities in order to develop new products and improve existing products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements manufacturing upgrades and expansions by specifying, installing, starting up, and optimizing new processing equipment.
- Supports changing product and process requirements by designing and developing new extrusion and calibration tooling and fixtures.
- Identifies and implements process improvements by analysing scrap, downtime and quality problems.
- Resolves processing issues by training Operations Team Members and providing technical assistance during the manufacture of cable products.
- Develops new products and improves existing products by conducting trials, testing samples, determining costs, and documenting results.
- Supports Materials Engineering by conducting trials for raw material evaluations and new packaging techniques.
- Provides current and accurate Manufacturing Specifications by compiling and maintaining product and process information in SAP and Engineering Drawing system.
- A completed Bachelor's Degree in related technical curriculum and 5-8 years of related experience or a Masters Degree in related technical curriculum and 2-5 years of related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to function effectively in a team environment.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to internal and external customers.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Experience of PFMEA and Control Plans is required.
- Be confident at understanding technical drawings.
- A proven track record in process design with the ability to design a robust production process capable of meeting volume targets and quality/cost/delivery measures.
- Be data driven, methodical and have experience of making evidence based decisions.
Proven track record in improving safety, quality, delivery and cost performance - development and implementation of process controls
MYNT Recruitment are acting as an emplyment agency