Calibrate Engineering (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are delighted to be working with a Sheffield based engineering business as they look to recruit a Production Engineer (aerospace)
To provide engineering support to production with the aim of ensuring all issues affecting production throughput are addressed promptly. To respond to day-to-day engineering queries appropriate to your place of work and support Manufacturing Engineering with department-specific knowledge.
- To make decisions on engineering issues, processes, and methods of manufacture to ensure problem resolution both for the short- and long-term.
- To identify tooling issues and liaise with Manufacturing Engineering to resolve these in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To audit engineering processes and conduct process and product audits to ensure compliance with applicable procedures, taking action to rectify areas of non-compliance.
- To identify and implement productivity improvement ideas with continuous improvement / problem-solving initiatives and participate in TPM activities.
- To validate engineering change requests.
- To support the department's achievement of quality standards and take responsibility for the disposition of quality-related issues.
- To conduct health and safety audits, risk assessments and accident investigations promptly where engineering input is required, taking action where appropriate to address any areas of concern.
- To support initiatives to maximise productivity through the achievement of operational standard hours.
- To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set.
- To behave in a way that is consistent with the organisation's competencies and the expectations for the role through:
- Complying with organisational policies, procedures and working practices;
- Attending and leading meetings as necessary for the delivery of organisational and personal objectives;
- Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate for the role.
Skills, Experience and Education:
At least 2 years' experience in similar industry (Aerospace or Automotive)
Minimum HND/HNC in Manufacturing or Production Engineering.
Green belt, black belt or other recognised lean manufacturing training
Knowledge of engineering IT systems
Willingness to work shifts and additional hours in order to complete your duties
The company offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package as well as a personal development plan agreed with your managers.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.