Support Worker - Addiction / Mental Health
Work Relief Charity Recruitment is recruiting for a Surrey based charity specialising providing a range of housing, relationship and employment support programmes to clients who have experienced substance misuse and mental health issues.
Due to the exciting development of a new community engagement initiative, we are now looking to recruit a Support Worker to provide wellbeing activities and opportunities to the charity’s service users.
Wellbeing Support Worker - Addiction / Mental Health
Guildford, Surrey & Surrounds
£19,000 - £23,000 per annum
Full Time, Permanent
Access to own transport essential as is willingness to travel across the area. Expenses reimbursed
Key duties will include:
- Providing wellbeing services specifically for substance misuse and mental health
- Take responsibility for all aspects of delivery of activities and support to maintain and/or provide clients with their own sense of wellbeing
- Support and equip people with a range of tools to manage their own health and wellbeing
- Promoting healthier lifestyles and raising the awareness of the concept of 'wellbeing’ and good mental health within an integrated care pathway.
- Identifying, assessing and engaging with potential service users
- To provide information and advice to members and sign post as appropriate.
- To assist in the production of communications including newsletters and information briefings in alternative formats
- Attending meetings as the charity representative and reporting back to the team/management
This is a super role within the charity which will inevitably lead to the successful candidate developing their career within the sector. We see this as an ideal role for an experienced Engagement Worker / Outreach Worker / Community Worker / Support Worker / Healthcare Professional / Volunteer Coordinator / Activities Support Worker / Project Manager (or co-ordinator) / Recovery Worker or other experienced person providing social inclusion services in a charity, community, social care or health setting
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience in a relevant role
- Ability to network with a wide range of potential supporters from the local community
- Ability to work flexibly and to be willing to travel throughout Surrey
- Good project support skills
- Ability to coordinate meetings and to engage with individuals
- Willing and able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends.
To apply, please email a copy of your up to date CV.
All suitable candidates will be asked to complete an application form.
The deadline for the return of applications is 09:00am - Thursday 23rd March 2017.
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from one of our representatives within 1 week of applying, then your application has been unsuccessful.