My client is a specialist manufacturer of patient care and handling equipment, based just outside Cheltenham. They are looking for an experienced Production Engineer who will be a key member of the manufacturing team, liaising closely with the R&D and production teams.
This is an exciting opportunity as you will be responsible for the current manufacturing, as well as helping to make prototypes from initial concept and then developing them through to manufacture.
You must be able to:
- Plan, design, select the right tools, set up, modify and monitor all new and existing manufacturing processes, including programming of CNC/MMC machines
- Utilise Lean Manufacturing - analyse production processes and propose/implement improvements to reduce lead time, reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Provide input for DFT, DFA and DFM
- Supervise or perform production prototyping and initial production runs
- Analyse failure data, identify trends and respond to issues
- Investigate and develop new manufacturing processes and equipment
- Resolve technical issues within the Manufacturing Department
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Company and legislative requirements for Health & Safety
- Produce manufacturing drawings as well as installation and user manuals/ instructions
- Prepare Bills of Material and costings
- Manipulate and extract data from and be able to produce 2D & 3D drawings
- Work well on own initiative as well as in a team
- Establish good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Reliably follow instruction and procedures
- Set high standards and deliver results
- Adapt and respond positively to change
- Demonstrate integrity and uphold values and principles
- Communicate effectively (written & oral)
- Be a good listener
- Work to tight deadlines
This job will suit someone with a Manufacturing Engineer or Production Engineer background with a minimum of 5 years experience who has gained experience of using CAD/CAM software, knowledge of SAP Business One would be an advantage though not essential as training can be provided. You will need experience of programming CNC/MMC machines and a proven capability with Lean methodologies and manufacturing. You are likely to hold a relevant qualification (HNC, HND, Degree) in a mechanical engineering, production engineering or similar engineering discipline and have excellent PC skills, including the Microsoft suite of products.
The company is a leader in their field operating in a very specialist area supporting Medical Clinicians, Healthcare providers including the NHS and ultimately having a positive impact on the end users' quality of life.
Please send a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply now' button. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.