Finance Operations Manager
Job Title: Finance Operations Manager / Finance Business Partner
Location: North East Bristol
Purpose of the role:
To manage, direct and support Finance Contracts and Accounts Payable functions. Add value to the Finance Department and to the wider business through the review of performance, process management and projects to enhance the efficiency and control environment of the business.
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Overall responsibility for the smooth running and development of Finance Contracts and Accounts Payable functions. Motivate, develop and support both Team Leaders in order to ensure teams are run effectively and all processes are controlled, managed and improvements implemented
- Identify, design, test and implement planned IT developments
- Work closely with other departments throughout the business to embrace company policy and improve the 'Customer Excellence’ journey, raising knowledge and awareness levels across the business
- Review existing work practices to ensure a consistent, coherent, efficient and accurate approach to tasks and queries
- Ensure FCA compliance in the processing of regulated agreements and assist in the continuous improvement of in life customer documentation
- Embrace SharePoint into the daily work practices of both teams; identify and design SharePoint solutions to existing processes
- Management and performance of projects as required by the Director of Finance and Risk to improve the efficiency and security of financial processes.
- Provision of timely and accurate Management Information including the Preparation of ad hoc Crystal reports as required by Management.
- Any other query, task or project which may have a financial impact.
Skills and Experience required:
Qualified Accountant or Qualified by experience
Large team management experience
Project support experience
Process and efficiency driven
Strong leadership skills
Systems/IT Development experience