Personal Injury Paralegal
We are a niche personal injury practice based in the Northern Quarter in Manchester.
We are looking for a dynamic, hard-working and enthusiastic individual to run a caseload of personal injury matters from inception to conclusion. We are a firm specialising in all types of Person Injury including RTA, Employer's Liability, Occupier's Liability, Public Liability, Industrial Disease, Medical Negligence and Holiday Sickness.
As part of the role, you will carry out fee-earning duties on an existing caseload of fast track portal, pre-litigated and litigated claims. Your daily tasks will include:
- Accurately identifying risks in line with the checklists and processes in the knowledge base and managing client's expectations in early course
- Analysis of disclosed evidence and continuing risk assessment of claims and liability
- Dealing with Part 36 Offers and quantum negotiations
- Producing end of case client statements and damages calculations
- Drafting Claim Form, Particulars of Claim and Schedules of Loss
- Meeting financial, settlement and issue targets
- Managing the diarising and upkeep and organisation of files
- Taking and drafting witness statements
- Preparing instructions to Counsel and Trial Bundles
- Review expert reports and draft update letters to the clients where appropriate
- Making appointments and arrange meetings as appropriate
- Undertaking a range of legal tasks as directed and under close supervision
- Maintaining and developing communication between other fee earners, staff and representatives
We need our Paralegals to have the following:
- ILEX or equivalent OR LPC
- Excellent IT Skills with the ability to work with a Case Management System, databases and normal office IP systems
- Experience of working with the general public and a friendly, sensitive and cooperative approach to clients
- Good knowledge and understanding of procedures and protocol
- Good practical skills, including proven negotiation skills
- The ability to adhere to strict time limits
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and prioritising skills
- The ability to prioritise work when necessary
- The ability to provide the highest standards of client care
- Excellent attention to detail to all work undertaken
- Experience of managing/assisting with a caseload of Personal Injury cases
- Experience of Proclaim or other case management system
The role is perfect for someone looking to continue a career in the legal industry as the scope for promotion for the right candidate is excellent. The candidate will be working closely alongside other fee earners and two partners at the firm and will be responsible for their own caseload under supervision.
In addition, the candidate will have an opportunity to broaden their legal work experience by assisting in all areas of personal injury claims. The candidate will be eased into the role, given full training and guidance and nurtured slowly into realising their potential.
The offered salary will be extremely competitive and in line with market rates. The working hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday and is an office-based job.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Zen Law Solicitors