Shift Operator / Controller / Process Engineer - ONC
Job Title: Shift Operator / Controller
Location: Widmerpool, Sherwood, Nottingham, NG12
Salary: £36,380 plus overtime
Shifts: 12 Hour Shifts
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th April 2017
This role is to start within March or April 2017
The population on earth is set to grow to over 9 billion by 2050. Our world is still developing, putting pressure on natural, economic and human resources. To take better care of the planet and the people who live on it - this is the company's way forward. This is how the company intend to make their mark and contribute to the greater good.
Today, water, waste and energy can all be recovered. Transforming what is discarded by some into valuable resources for others. The company's strategy is to create green products and energy from waste through innovative technology, preserving resources for generations to come.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Shift Operator to join the team in Widmerpool. The shift operator will be responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of a newly built 7MWe Steam Turbine Unit, biomass boiler and all the auxiliary and ancillary plant used to support the burning of waste wood fuel and production of power.
Your role will be vital to the successful operation of this biomass energy facility. As shift operator / controller you will be flexible and willing to work a 5-cycle shift pattern and performing operations functions associated with all main and auxiliary plant at Sherwood Biomass to enable it to meet the generation and availability targets safely, efficiently and in an environmentally sensitive manner.
You will take full responsibility for the safe, efficient and correct operation of this state of the art biomass plant, manage HSEQ issues, safe systems of work, issue of permits, authorisations and subcontractors, make informed decisions regarding plant performance ensuring strict adherence to the Environmental Permit. You will direct and/ or carry out 1st line maintenance tasks where practicable and expected to have a flexible and hands-on approach to work with a can do attitude. You will be able to demonstrate a wide experience in the operation of a large steam boiler plant, electricity generators, flue gas treatment equipment and their associated auxiliary systems. Prior to the plant becoming operational and soon after joining, you will be required to assist with commissioning activities.
- Health Safety and Environment on site
- Contractor Control on site
- Equipment isolation & issuing Permit to work
- Development of procedures
- Ensuring wood fuel stocks are controlled
- Control of consumables
- Shift cover in the event of sickness or training
- Maximisation of resource
- Special operational duties, such as remote switching on the 11kV distribution system
- Optimisation of plant performance
- Plant parameters monitoring
- Tool box talks
- Environmental reporting of incidents to line management
- Managing housekeeping
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
Essential for this role:
- Experience of running a shift
- Qualified to ONC level (or equivalent) in an appropriate Engineering/ process discipline. A hands-on operator/ engineer with experience gained in the Energy from Waste, Biomass, Power Station, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or Marine industries.
- First Line Maintenance
- Detailed knowledge of plant and maintenance systems and their functionality, especially computer based.
- Good numeracy skills, including the ability to interpret basic spreadsheets
- Appropriate IT skills (confident use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of wood qualities and grades would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of Incineration and Power Generation or similar industry would be advantageous
- Able to drive FLT/ FEL (or be trained)
- Working knowledge of pressure system regulation preferred
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover letter for consideration.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Shift Operator, ONC, Process Engineer, Waste, Biomass, Power Station, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Fuel Handler, Fuel Bulk Storage, Fork Lift License, FLT, Plant Shift Operator, Continuous Improvement Specialist, Operational Development, Business Process Development, Manufacturing Continuous Improvement Manager will also be considered for this role.