My client is looking for a qualified Company Secretary (ICSA) who also holds a Law or Accountancy qualification.
Candidate's must be an established Company Secretary in the Banking or Financial Services sector.
The Company Secretary will play a key part as a member of the management team of the bank and is therefore expected to be able to actively contribute to strategic thinking and business debate beyond the immediate area of responsibility.
This job holder provides primary responsibility for the effective management of Board and Shareholder meetings and other Executive level meetings of the Bank. The key responsibilities include:
- Arrange, attend and take minutes of Board, Executive and Shareholder meetings
- Maintain the company's statutory register and books and ensure all legal and Regulatory filings relating to these are performed
- Ensuring good information flows within the Board and its committees, between senior management and non-executive directors, as well as facilitating induction and assisting with professional development
- The Board Secretary should be responsible for advising the Board through the chairman on all governance matters
- All directors should have access to the advice and services of the Board secretary who is responsible to the Board for ensuring that Board procedures are complied with
- Strong relationships and contact with the FCA, PRA and other regulatory bodies, External Auditors and other advisors
- Keeps under review legislative, regulatory and governance developments that may impact the Bank and ensures that the board is appropriately briefed on them
- Wins the confidence of and acts as a confidential sounding board to the chairman and other directors on issues of concern
- Provides, where appropriate, a discreet but challenging voice in relation to Board deliberations and decision making, drawing in particular on his or her professional experience
- Build a Board Secretariat function and resource that is Independent and answerable only to the Chairman and the Board