Systems / SCADA Engineer
Software Developer or Analyst position working alongside the Design team to distil software requirements
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer with previous system analysis / developer experience. This position is to join one of the UKs industry leading infrastructure businesses based in central Manchester. The business are about to undergo a system installation when one of their major projects comes to a end. This job requires an experienced Systems Engineer or SCADA Engineer to join their team.
(The business are open to recruiting a SCADA / Systems Engineer Analyst or SCADA / Systems Engineer Developer to be based in Manchester, therefore you do not need experience within both fields but experience within both would be advantageous).
Your new role
You will be responsible for distilling the requirements for the system software and will report to the Design Manager.
Your duties will include:
- Effectively working alongside the key stakeholders, peers and colleagues from project inception through to delivery, support and maintenance.
- Design, create and implement analysis processes
- Break down complex business needs and operating techniques into concise requirements using advanced skills and techniques
- Identify and advise on strategies for efficient development of technology solutions
- Implement requirements to deliver functionally correct, maintainable and error free code which fully meets the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Test the product in controlled situations as part of an agreed acceptance strategy
- Report any issues which could affect progress and quality to the software manager
What you'll need to succeed
You must have a strong background and previous experience in either a Systems / SCADA Engineer Analyst or Developer. It is not essential that you have a background in both areas.
You must have strong communication skills in order to engage with divisions across the business, in order to find out what specifications they require.
It would also be ideal that you have strong SCADA experience however this is not essential.
You must also have an Engineering Qualification, and in addition, you must also have experience with managing a similar project successfully.
What you'll get in return
You will receive the opportunity to work for one of the UKs industry leading businesses within infrastructure.
24 days holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Natasha at Hays Manchester now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.