Graduate Internal Auditor
Our client is a leading housing association based in Newport that are seeking to recruit a Trainee Graduate Internal Auditor for their Finance & Assurance Department.
Reporting to the Group Senior Internal Auditor you will assist with the delivery of work on the Approved Programme of Audits by assisting in the carrying out of independent audit assignments across the Housing, Commercial, Care, and Support areas.
Under direction of the Group Senior Internal Auditor, this post is responsible for the assisting in the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the companies audit charter and the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters, projects and administration.
- As appropriate assist the Group Senior Internal Auditor in identifying suitable additions to the continuous audit testing programme.
- As required assist the Internal Auditor and Compliance Business Partner in undertaking research for the Group Senior Internal Auditor to inform audit assignments.
- Assist in the development of Internal Control Questionnaires for audit assignments.
- Conduct audit testing of specified area, determine compliance with policies and procedures and identify reportable issues and scale of risk.
- Keep the Group Senior Internal Auditor up to date with progress, any issues, and contribute to the drafting of initial findings for consideration.
- Provide evidence to inform audit opinion on the effectiveness of the internal control environment.
- Assist the Internal Auditor and Compliance Business Partner with the preparation of draft internal audit reports, recommendations to improve the control environment and achieve demonstrable value for money. As appropriate attend related meetings.
- Undertake supervised work at external clients, undertaking tasks agreed with the Group Senior Internal Auditor.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Group`s policies, procedures and practices are in accord with the delivery of a service which is unbiased and reflects equal opportunities practice.
- Raise the profile of Internal Audit with staff..
- As appropriate assist the Internal Auditor and Compliance Business Partner, in undertaking ad hoc reviews and investigations as required by the Group Senior Internal Auditor.
- To actively promote a health and safety culture and to diligently carry out all role specific responsibilities.
- There will be the potential for a consolidated payment following the achievement of an additional relevant qualification supported by demonstrable appropriate competence in completing audit assignments.