Our client is a leading Trade Union & Personal Injury Law Firm, seeking a Legal Advisor to provide a range of general legal advice to Trade Unions, but specifically to advise on, and where necessary, sign off Settlement Agreements.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Give initial advice by telephone on a wide range of legal issues.
- Undertake legal research where necessary.
- Specialise in settlement agreements and become a subject matter expert.
- Produce written materials such as fact sheets to be sent to client.
- Deal with Free Legal Advice Forms. Assessing urgency and responding to any limitation issues.
- Make appropriate referrals e.g. referring members to Solicitors Family Law Association or Immigration Advisory Service.
- Provide instruction and coaching to colleagues.
The successful candidate should be willing to travel and work from home as a requirement of the position. They should also have the following:
- Qualified Solicitor / FILEX.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, union officials, colleagues etc often at a senior level.
- Good IT and typing skills.
- Ability to give general Law Advice/Employment Law advice (specifically Settlement Agreements).
- Research skills.
- Provision of advice on legal issues in large volumes to specified deadlines.