Alexander Knight Recruitment is currently seeking a full time Graphic Web Designer/Social Media assistant for one of its clients. This established company based in Colchester, Essex, provides Web, Graphics and Marketing services to its clients.
The ideal candidate will have an up to date knowledge of the design industry, have a passion for design, happy to work as a member of a team, whilst also being able to thrive in a role filled with immediate responsibility. Candidates must also display an innovative approach to their work and be confident to present their own ideas and work. Good attention to detail is essential.
The role is predominantly digital based but with the ability to create a strong print and creation design.
Previous experience in Social Media would be an advantage as this would also be included in the role.
The ideal applicant should have skills in:
- Using Adobe Creative Suite
- Website and User Interface design
- Basic photography skills
- Social media posts and campaigns
- Working to deadlines
- Working as part of a team
- Basic customer relations & management
- Ability to keep up to date with latest graphic trends
- Excellent typography and information design with meticulous attention to detail
A typical day would be:
- Creating website designs to a brief provided by a client or marketing team.
- Designing email campaigns using a given brief whilst keeping in mind design restrictions.
- Designing products for print to a professional standard, including leaflets, business cards and brochures.
- Coordinating with clients and marketing team to produce design briefs and specifications.
- Social media posts
- Working on numerous projects at any one time
In this role additional areas of work are likely to be added as the company grows so the ability to accept new challenges will aid success. We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, motivated and with a strong work ethic.
In return, the company offer an excellent working environment with free on-site parking.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Due to the location of the office a full driving licence and your own transport is preferred.