Based Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, GL56 0RH
Salary circa £30,000 per annum based on experience
The Fire Protection Association (FPA) is a not-for-profit organisation, based in Moreton in Marsh Gloucestershire, within travelling distance from Oxford, Cheltenham and Stratford. We are an independent and authoritative source of information relating to all aspects of fire safety, risk management and loss prevention, offering research, consultancy, training, publications, risk surveying and auditing services. For more information, please visit www.thefpa.co.uk,www.riscauthority.co.uk and www.frmjournal.com. FPA are an equal opportunities employer.
The FPA is looking to strengthen its small finance team through recruiting an experienced finance professional to work closely alongside, and reporting to, the Financial Controller. The role would ideally suit an individual with several years experience of working in a busy finance environment with a demonstrable hands-on, flexible approach to their work. It would also offer the successful applicant the ideal career route to a Finance Manager/Controller position. You will be AAT qualified as a minimum and possibly looking at, or in the early stages of, progressing your formal studies. A study package may be negotiable.
Working closely with colleagues across the business the scope of the role will encompass everything from completing routine clerical and accounting tasks to helping the Financial Controller and management team with preparing budgets, monthly accounts and general system administration. The role requires a high level of accuracy, professionalism and confidentiality. Previous experience of working with Sage Line 50 would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
Vital to this role are:
- Broad ranging finance experience encompassing general ledgers, banking and cash reconciliations, credit control, and debtor and supplier management
- Prior experience of a range of finance and administration systems - in particular, accounts software and MS Office
- Ability to prioritise your workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientated and organised
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- A pro-active and hands-on attitude
Desirable for this role:
- Good working knowledge of management accounts preparation
- Experience of report generation and variance analysis
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and ability to manipulate data
The role as advertised is not prescriptive. We are an accredited Investor in People organisation and as such will seek to evolve the position in line with the ability and ambitions of the individual, together with the changing needs of the company.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, outlining relevant experience and suitability for the role. Send by post or by email to:
Fire Protection Association
Moreton in Marsh