Cash and Banking Controller
Cash and Banking Controller - £25,000 to 30,000 per annum + Benefits
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for market Leading Business based in Birmingham who are looking to appoint a new Cash and Banking Controller on a permanent basis.
Our client, a specialized division of the financial services group, offers its clients a comprehensive range of commercial and residential real estate services thanks to its six lines of business: Property development, Transaction, Consulting, Valuation, Property Management, Investment Management. With a ranking amongst the leaders on the market.
Client Finance is a national team based in our Birmingham office providing accounting and finance services to all our UK property management and corporate occupier clients. The service is delivered through three distinct finance functions:
- Client Reporting - specialist accountants who act as the primary point of contact for all aspects of accounting service delivery,
- Transactional Services - cash and banking controller, credit control and accounts payable,
- Business system administration and project management.
In total Client Finance is comprised of c. 50 people handling rent collection of over £780 million and expenditure more than £1 billion per annum.
Cash and Banking Controller role:
The Cash and Banking Controller has overall responsibility for the Cash and Banking Control team. As a member of the department's team leaders group the role supports by:
- Coaching, leading and motivating the team of cashiers and bank reconciliation assistants.
- Accountable for the preparation of all outputs eg; bank reconciliations for all client accounts using "common" accounts
- Leading the service delivery by the Cash and Banking Control team and ensuring any key issues are resolved and chased up
- Prioritizing resource allocation to ensure all deliverables are met by the Cash and Banking Control team
- Participate in management team meetings
- Management reporting with input to monthly departmental dashboard reporting plus additional ad-hoc reporting as required
- Continue the ongoing improvements in cash management processes and ensuring the team adhere to strict internal controls
- Liaising with other Client Finance teams to ensure that issues and outstanding items are clearly communicated
- Overall responsibility of maintaining the accuracy of the cash and bank ledgers.
- Lead the Cash and Banking Control team, ensuring staff are of appropriate calibre, well trained and motivated, and organised effectively to meet client requirements
- Oversee recruitment, retention and career development of employees to develop committed, high performance, client focussed teams
- Assist in establishing and implementing departmental targets and set objectives for the Cash and Banking Control team ensuring that they are communicated clearly and effectively, and that individual performance by team members against these objectives is monitored and measured
- Implement the company's performance management programme, adhering to and promoting internal performance standards, and ensuring areas for development and improvement are identified and addressed
- Provide coaching and support to members of the client reporting team to ensure appropriate levels of performance and technical skills are maintained
- Develop, implement and continuously improve processes and procedures to ensure service delivery standards for internal and external clients are met
- Assist in designing and implementing the departmental control framework and delegation policy
- Work with internal audit and compliance to ensure that all compliance and control requirements are met
- Participate in and monitor the effectiveness of controls of activities performed by the team.
- Ensure that members of the Cash and Banking Control team understand and achieve internal and external client objectives and that service levels are defined, agreed and met
- Increase the range of services provided by Client Finance and the expertise deployed to develop key differentiators and assist actively in winning new business
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external clients and ensure effective co-ordination with the shared service and treasury functions to ensure satisfaction with all client accounting services delivered
- Monitor and control the content and quality of accounting deliverables to ensure information provided to clients is accurate, complete and timely
- Review and interpret client accounting requirements providing ad-hoc advice to clients and working with clients and the Client Finance team to refine deliverables and ensure effective delivery mechanisms
- Ensure all statutory and tax requirements for clients are satisfied and that both company and legislative procedures and controls are adhered to
Responsibilities for the Cash and Banking Controller:
- Individual and team based targets
- Manages within budget and minimises overhead spend
Clients and Business Development