£40,000 Basic Salary + Very Competitive Package
My client is a market leader within their industry and have an immediate vacancy for a Design Engineer, based in Sheffield, UK.
As a Design Engineer you will report directly to the Engineering Manager. You will be part of my clients Mechanical team. The successful candidate will have an engineering background and a ‘hands on, can do’ approach in bringing mechanical handling and related projects from concept through to production both individually and as part of a team.
- Attend handover meetings to get a full understanding of the scope of supply and the relevant standards applicable to a specific project
- Ensure that it is clear how much design time is allowed for the project and the key project ‘milestone’ dates e.g. design reviews, approval dates, client meetings etc.
- Attend the ‘kick-off’ meeting with the client and view site, if necessary
- All technical aspects of the project
- Compile a list of all design activities relevant to a specific project and allocate resources and timescales in conjunction with Senior Design Engineer and Project Manager
- Organise and chair design review meetings
- Prepare project specific health and safety documentation such as Risk Assessments
- Ensure that all documentation and correspondence relevant to the project design is filed (electronically or as a hard copy) and that a Technical File is compiled from the beginning of the project
- The Technical File must comply with CE and CDM requirements as appropriate
- Produce clear and accurate designs in line with the project specification, budget constraints and associated standards – job specific and per legislation
- Ensure that all drawings are checked prior to issue
- To check other design engineers drawings prior to issue
- To check that third party (independent) calculations conform to standards and the project contract
- General arrangement drawings should exist for all designs, unless they are concepts, and must have a Bill of Materials referencing all item numbers and confirming quantities
- Attend project review meetings as required
- Generate detailed drawings for manufacture of all relevant components, including all requisite details such as; materials, finishes and welds
- Health and safety objectives must be satisfied at all times whether activities are taking place in the office, workshop or on site. Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Health and Safety Plans must be complied with at all times
- Follow quality control objectives as laid out in the Quality Manual. All relevant Procedures must be followed to ensure Customer Satisfaction and achievement of the company objectives
- Liaise with other departments and clients as required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literate, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A degree in an Engineering discipline
- Competent in the use of Solid Works 3D
- Ability to produce scoping calculations for sizing simple structures and mechanisms
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis ideally Cosmos
- Knowledge of Mathcad
- Ability to travel, UK and abroad
- Valid Driving Licence
Extensive training in the range of company products will be given.
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.