Product Development Engineer (Opto Electronics & Fibre Optics)
As a member of the Engineering team you will provide technical design and layout expertise for both customer & internal- released & development products, ensuring successful execution of changes and launching of new products and customer satisfaction. Contributing to the attainment of departmental goals/objectives, establishment of guidelines, documentation, planning/development for the advancement of the department.
To define, design & develop Opto Electronic products for harsh environment applications
- Definte and develop Opto electronics manufacturing processes
- Define and develop Opto electronics testing systems & methosds
- Manufacture of prototype products
- Perform and report verification testing of prototype product
- Transfer products from NPI to manufacture
It is expected that applicants will be qualified to level 6, or better, of the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications:
Minimum 2 years industry experience
However, applicants will be considered in light of their technical knowledge, experience and demonstrable skills where formal qualifications at level 6 or above are incomplete or absent.
Technical Competencies (Desirable but not Essential)
- Strong Electronics & Optoelectronics design engineering background
- Software simulation knowledge of Zemax
- Working knowledge of Autocad/Solidworks
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP Systems
- Knowledge of Optics industry standards
- Familiarity with quality systems
- Experience of Opto electronics design and development
- Experience of high reliability microelectronics design and development
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Team worker
- Able to work in a small team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Creative approach for generating new ideas
- Flexible and adaptable
- Methodical in approach to tasks set
- Able to question and reason
You will have technical engagement with customers and design partners, and occasional technical engagement with suppliers which may require visits to the suppliers’ place of business. You will have engagement with all departments within the Company as necessary to carry out duties.
Based in Great Yarmouth, our Client is a dominant technology provider of microelectronics, and security technologies for critical and high-reliability applications.