LEGAL SECRETARY - RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY
JOB TITLE: LEGAL SECRETARY - CONVEYANCING/PRIVATE CLIENT
HOURS OF WORK: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday + excellent benefits
Do you commute to work at a distance and now looking to work closer to home? Are you an experienced Legal Secretary looking to join a leading law firm ? If so, a great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Conveyancing/Private Client Legal Secretary for a forward thinking organisation based in Liverpool.
The main purpose of this role is you will provide a full secretarial service to the Conveyancing/Private Client Department. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of our largest teams in a varied and fast paced role.
Main Purpose of the role:
- Reporting directly to the fee earners and providing Legal Secretarial support
- Produce correspondence and legal documentation via audio and copy typing maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Proof reading and correcting the quality of your work without prompting.
- Ability to carry out routine legal forms, documents and letters independently for approval by the fee earner.
- To respond to internal/external telephone queries, ensuring telephones are covered at all times..
- Manage fee earner diaries using Microsoft Outlook to include client appointments, internal and external meetings, client and business lunches
- Good understanding of money laundering requirements and ability to complete money laundering documentation for client and matter opening, ensuring that correct documentation is obtained from the client
- File all hard copy and electronic documents, correspondence and documentation accurately and in a timely manner ensuring that there is no backlog.
- Ensuring that file structures are strictly maintained.
- Involvement in Billing and WIP management, assisting in the production of bills and liaising with the Finance Team to ensure correctness.
- Producing legal bundles, document organisation, indexing and assembly of files for checking with guidance by fee earner.
- Involvement in the production of PowerPoint presentations for tenders, business development and presentations using the firm’s house style template.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing materials, liaising with the Marketing and Business Development Team
- Ensure that archiving is carried out on a monthly basis
- Assist fee earners with their credit control function, liaising with relevant central credit controllers to increase cash collection.
- General administration e.g. faxes, making up paper files and hangers, photocopying, binding, laminating, expense claims etc.
- Organise fee earner business travel and accommodation where required.
- Assist in developing relationships with internal clients and their assistants/secretaries.
- To actively assist others without the need for prompting.
- Willingness to take on additional roles to assist in the smooth running of the business.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support for fee earners
- Minimum experience of 18 months in Residential Conveyancing/Private Client
- Individuals who can think on their feet
- Work well with clients but above all be proactive in ensuring things get done as promised
- You will be rewarded for your talents in a highly supportive environment that offers genuine career paths.
- Flexible and adaptable
- There are times when work outside normal working hours will be necessary and there may be occasions where it will be a requirement to work in other parts of the firm.
- Support team is to take as many tasks as possible from fee earners, to enable them to maximise fee earning time.
- Working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Computer literate - Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Proclaim
- Confident, clear and articulate communication skills both orally and in writing
- Well presented, appropriate to a professional business environment.
- Pleasant telephone manner, speaks clearly and fluently
- Ability to work in a planned and organised way, but has the ability to multitask
- Manages time effectively
- Methodical, accurate and consistent even when under workload and/or time pressures
- Adapts and fits in well, able to work independently and within a team
- Awareness for the need for confidentiality
- Accurate typing speed of 65 wpm
- Professional approach
KEY WORDS: Legal Secretary, Legal PA, Legal, Conveyancing, Private Client, Property, Real Estate, Commercial Property, Proclaim, Legal Documentation
Liverpool, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Wirral, Warrington, Wigan Kirkby, Ormskirk, Bootle,Crosby, Southport, Chester