Facilties Services Assistant - 12 month FTC
Our client, a prestigious and market leading UK law firm based in Farringdon are looking to hire a Facilities Assistant to join their Business Support team. The firm have installed a new support structure and therefore are keen to hire this person on a 12 month FTC working the hours of 12pm-8pm.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with operating the Facilities Helpdesk, handling request from all levels of staff in a timely manner
- Assist with the maintenance and awareness of the office building, ensuring everything is in good working order.
- Regular floor walks, replenish stationery and photocopiers/printers, keep note of any repairs /replacements of equipment, cleanliness, fire exit checks, etc
- Provide out-of-hours support for failures to office equipment such as air conditioning units, alarm activation etc.
- Conduct fire alarm testing requirements are carried out and recorded for the office; liaising with Managing Agents and outside vendors as necessary.
- Handling courier requests and deliveries from suppliers
- Ability to prioritise and plan work effectively to meet the expectations of internal and external clients
- Good organisational skills, the ability to balance multiple deadlines twinned with developing good working relationships with all levels of staff
- General knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, and knowledge of general office Health and Safety.
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision.
Candidates will have a minimum of 12 months experience working in a general office/facilities role within a large office environment, preferably within a law firm. Candidates must also be currently involved reprographics duties. You will be a committed and enthusiastic team player who is able to assist colleagues at all times in a professional manner. You will also possess a flexible approach and show willingness to work longer hours/overtime during busy periods.