polkadotfrog are currently recruiting for a Financial Support Assistant to join a locally renowned company based in Cambridge City Centre. Working within the rapidly growing finance department you will be providing a broad range of financial support to the International Development Unit.
- Setting up projects and budgets and monitoring performance in the financial management systems
- Preparation of operating expenditure analysis at portfolio and divisional level, drawing areas of concern to the attention of the Divisional Accountant.
- Petty cash, bank and balance sheet reconciliations relating to overseas entities
- Assistance with budget and forecasting, as required
- Checking and uploading expenditure from international projects onto the group finance system
- Support with tracking actual spend against budgets
- Ensuring timely billing to Clients and assembling supporting documentation
- Raising invoices and credit notes on the system
- Suspense account and timesheet maintenance
- Preparation and uploading of journals
- Assistance with project audits
- Providing general financial assistance to project managers and project directors
- Processing staff expense claims
- Ad hoc duties and general support to the finance team
- AAT qualified or equivalent experience with an interest in international work
- Analytical approach to financial data
- An aptitude for finance with demonstrable finance experience
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Competent in MS Office applications - intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Highly numerate, with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and highly organised approach to work
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently
- Ambitious and driven to develop
- Confident in prioritising tasks and dealing with high volume work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team asap.
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
polkadotfrog Ltd is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. Our team of Specialist Consultants have the skills, experience and passion to deliver a professional, personal and quality service. Our mission is to build long-term relationships and help clients and candidates find the perfect match.
With offices in Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich we specialise in the Office Support, Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Legal and Shipping & Transport sectors across all levels.