Working for a leading manufacturer, that are specialists in their field, the highly commercial Business Analyst role has become available.
The role requires a highly analytical individual who can manipulate large volumes of data and use their commercial acumen to produce meaningful reports, interpret results and comment on trends/areas requiring further analysis.
Detailed duties include;
- Maintaining the integrity of the commercial data
- Manipulate large volumes of data, using advanced excel functions and COGNOS
- Extract and report data to meet stakeholder requirements
- Analysing product trend, profitability, costs of production
- Interpret Commercial agreements and decisions to ensure their contents are accurately held on the company’s data warehouse systems
- Working closely with senior stakeholders of the business and responding to their requests for information, often at short notice
- Month end, year end, adhoc reporting/presentation requirements
In order to be considered, candidates will need to be able to demonstrate;
- High level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Understand profitability reporting concepts such as sales margin, profit contribution and rebates
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret needs and shape required deliverables.
- Ability to work and co-operate with various business stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of Financial reporting terms and concepts
- Experience of using COGNOS
- Experience in writing Crystal reports
- Knowledge of ERP systems, ideally IFS
- Manufacturing experience