Job Title: Gas Engineer
Salary:£30,000 - £35,000
Benefit Package:25 Days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA medical insurance, Accident and Sickness Insurance, Life Assurance, Auto-Enrolment Pension.
Our Client: One of the largest Design, Installation & Maintenance companies in the south of England. As a company they provide a design, installation & maintenance service covering Electrical / Mechanical / Electrical /Fire & Security they are currently looking for a Gas Engineer.
The Role: The Gas Safe Engineer will report to Gas Safe Supervisor and departmental Contract Managers. The Engineer will be required to attend a combination of retail outlets / public sector premises i.e. libraries, schools, college, hospitals with a small element of domestic work. The work will be a combination of reactive (60%) & planned works (20%) and Install works (20%). The Engineer will ensure that operational & compliance issues are addressed and maintained as necessary which could include varied applications to include:
- Planned Maintenance, Install, full investigation and repair of Indirect and direct forced Burners/Boilers
- Commissioning of systems
- Install and purging of commercial gas pipe work
- Domestic breakdowns / repairs / installations
- Gas Safe Certification
- The provision of documentation & information to enable management in preparing quotations, reports and sourcing materials.
- Ensuring that key personnel are adequately informed regarding task status updates.
- The role will include both pre and post work surveys.
- Duties will include participation on call out rota (1 in 7 weeks) working nights will be required on occasions. The individual must be IT literate, good time keeper and a CRB check will be a requirement.
- Working to WBS Standards.
- Working with other tradespersons.
- Working with & supervising sub-contractors & other trades.
- Looking after WBS Tools & Equipment provided to carry out the installations.
- Completing installations to programme.
- Arranging delivery of required materials & plant to carry out required installations.
- Completing time sheets, marking up drawings & keeping records of variations.
- COCN1 - Core Commercial Gas Safety
- CIGA1 - Commercial indirect fired heating appliances
- CORT1 - Commercial overhead radiant heaters
- ICPN1 - Installation first fix commercial pipework
- TCPCP1 - Testing and direct purging of low pressure commercial pipework not exceeding 1m3
- CCN1 - Core Gas Safety
- CENWAT - Central Heating Boilers
- MET1 - Gas Meters
- CPA1 - Flue Gas Analysers
- LPG - CENLP1
- OFTEC 101 and 102