Are you a caring and conscientious Reception Teacher? Are you looking for an opportunity to exhaust your skills within a new school?
Randstad Education is currently assisting a Primary School in the Kirklees area with recruiting a Reception Teacher on a permanent basis. Joining a passionate and friendly team of colleagues, you will be supported through every aspect of the role, and will be able to utilise your skill set and experiences to the best of your ability.
The role will include:
- Inspire children with enthusiasm and a love of learning.
- Prepare and plan for teaching, taking account of the requirements of all children within their class.
- To prepare and develop, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
- Use a range of strategies for teaching and maintaining classroom behaviour in accordance with the school policy.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils; academically, socially and personally.
- Ensure that work is marked regularly, and in line with school policy.
- Be responsible for the effective management of your classroom to encourage independent learners in line with the school ethos.
- Responsibility for the safety of the children
- Preparing lessons and activities
- Ensuring a safe place of practice
- Interacting with children in an engaging and encouraging way
- Ensure children are not at risk during activity
- Communicate with carers and parents regarding any issues with children
The successful candidate will bring the following skills and experiences:
- Is an excellent teacher with a passion and a flare for teaching
- Has a good knowledge of EYFS
- Has a strong commitment to teamwork
- Has high expectations of themselves and their pupils
- Can use assessment data to develop strategic plans to positively impact upon pupil progress
- Is committed to making a difference to the current and future lives of every child
- Has the ability to work under pressure with calmness and a sense of humour
- Has the ability to make learning exciting and accessible in differing locations
- Have a calm and approachable manner towards the children
- Working with a wonderful group of children who are keen to learn and explore
- Supportive team of staff and colleagues around
- Competitive salary
- Professional development
- Holidays as per the school
- Cycle to work scheme
If you think your experience and skills fit the bill, please apply now and to be considered! Randstad are always keen to speak with individuals from all levels of their career, and we welcome applicants who may be ready to take that next leap in teaching, or those who may be looking for a new challenge and are in a similar role already.