fdu is recruiting a Financial Controller for a listed (US), global professional services firm. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will have regular interaction with the US based corporate functions and be responsible for leading and controlling all day to day accounting activity for the UK and a number of international entities.
Outline of key responsibilities:
- Leadership of the core UK finance team (six heads).
- Producing high quality financial statements under IFRS/UK GAAP.
- Producing quarterly and year-end reporting packs for submission to the Head Office in US.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant global, regional and local accounting policies.
- Co-ordinating with the Global Tax Department to manage all tax reporting requirements.
- Manage all internal controls including SOX documentation.
- Act as the main point of contact for all internal audit activity.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent) with experience gained in a multi-matrixed international environment. You must be technically strong with an in-depth working knowledge of IFRS/UK GAAP. You will be a clear, decisive leader with excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to build relationships across diverse functional groups, both locally and globally.
Ideally my client is looking to hire for this position on an Interim to Permanent basis, but this would not rule out candidates who match the specification, but who are currently in a permanent position.