Advertising Sales Manager / Publisher
Ink - we are travel media
Inflight magazine Oryx - Qatar Airways
Ink is recruiting for Advertising Sales Manager / Publisher to work for the high end inflight magazine and manage a team of media sales executives.
Oryx magazine has an annual readership of 30 million, and with exclusive photography and original story-telling as well as with its emphasis on luxury, lifestyle and travel, magazine complements Qatar Airways’ award-winning onboard service.
Based out of Ink’s London office, you will manage a sales team to ensure delivery against key performance metrics, with a primary emphasis on forecasting, planning and budgeting. Ideally you will be an inspirational leader with a demonstrable track record of advertising sales management and publishing.
- Taking the ownership of the title and its advertising content
- Managing, coaching, motivating and developing your team
- Maximising advertising revenue by carefully planning and executing sales strategy
- Managing and reviewing performance of sales team against KPI’s
- Attending industry events
- Building long term relationships with businesses
- Planning advertising strategy including budgeting and forecasting
- Developing creative and innovative ways to grow and win business
- Leading from the front
- Monitoring / achieving daily / monthly sales targets
- Liaising with production, editorial and compliance teams
- Working closely with leadership and recruitment team
- Travel to meet with clients (mainly to Middle East)
- Proven experience and management / leadership skills in a target driven environment
- Knowledge and previous experience in Middle Eastern Markets
- Minimum two years experience in media / publishing
- Sound understanding of media and advertising industry
- Experience in working with luxury / high end clients
- Dynamic, focused and self-motivated
- Confident and an outgoing personality
- The ability to work under pressure and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
Ink is the world leader in travel media - we work with the world’s largest airlines (such as Qatar Airways, Etihad, Easy Jet, Brussels Airlines, Wizz Air, Eurowings, Air Berlin and Norwegian) and travel groups. We create opportunities for advertisers to connect with a highly receptive global audience through inflight magazines, mobile devices and other digital and print media products.