Financial Controller - Award Winning Media Company
An opportunity has arisen within an award winning Media company to join their growing company. Reporting into the CFO, this position will have full responsibility for the day to day management of the finance department, ensuring the accounts are produced and analysed in a timely manner.
This visual effects company has been responsible for bringing some award winning shows to our TV screens alongside globally successful films and has an enviable slate of current & future work.
The role will also partner the business, providing financial support, insight and analysis to help drive growth.
To be considered for this position, it is essential that you are a fully qualified accountant who has extensive experience of working within the TV or Film industry.
- Prepare annual budget, forecast, monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow management and statutory reporting;
- Lead the year end close process and ensure strong controls are in place to achieve a clean annual audit;
- Prepare monthly management accounts with variance analysis and rolling forecasts;
- Detailed project profitability reporting and analysis throughout lifecycle of project to aid forecasting and future contract negotiations and pricing for new project bids;
- Business partnering the Production Heads and Senior Management Team to drive business growth;
- Manage the finance team, developing and training as required;
- Key contact for external advisors including auditor, tax, bank, outsourced payroll company and IT Services;
- Oversee the implementation and roll-out of the Pensions Auto-Enrolment Scheme;
- Ensure all tax and statutory filing/audit requirements are submitted on time including VAT, PAYE, and corporation tax returns.
- Fully qualified (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) with extensive post qualified experience;
- Educated to degree calibre;
- Proven financial & commercial management experience gained ideally within a TV or Film company, other Media will be considered;
- Experienced in leading and managing a finance team;
- Strong commercial acumen, with highly developed financial planning, budgeting and analytical skills;
- Proven SME exposure;
- Collaborative team player with a can-do attitude and great at building good working relationships;
- Ability to challenge others and drive strategic change;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.