Product Development Assistant
Zachary Daniels are recruiting for a Fashion Product Development Assistant based in Manchester.
My client are part of a large retail group with a diverse range of products and are not for the faint hearted. You will get to work with amazing Designers to help create a cutting edge specialist range within clothing and accessories and get to work in a business where you're job is not 'just a job'. They are seeking an ambitious Product Development Assistant to join and grow with their business as the brand takes the UK by storm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with generation of initial design specs and issue specs and artwork to suppliers
- Ensure Samples are made to standard and on schedule
- Keep tracking sheets fully updated, monitor samples arriving in UK, and ensure requests from Asia team and trips arrive in time for key meetings
- Assist PD Manager in arranging and carrying out fit meetings
- Monitor UK trim library and record all approvals
- Assist with SMS spec building for seasonal product and accessories
- Work with our team in Asia to track and measure samples required for fitting
- Coordinate wearer trial programme using colleagues, consumers and analyse feedback to identify improvments
- Assist with preparation for Far East trips
- Monitor QC helpdesk and feedback issues to PD Manager and Buyers
- Work with Buying Manager and PC team in China to ensure that all REACH and zip testing is carried
- Arrange and document all bulk REACH testing and ensure accurate records are kept
The ideal candidate will have at least 12 months experience within a fashion or accessories design or development environment, have a minimum of a 2:1 in a Fashion Design or clothing development degree and want to progress within a specialist retail environment.
Please note you must have already graduated to be considered for this position.
If you believe you have the right background and experience, apply today.