Business Development Consultant- IT solutions for education
Are you a tenacious, energetic and consultative Sales/ Business Development Executive who would relish the opportunity to work with the hugely rewarding education sector? We have an opportunity to join us at RM Education, selling IT software and service solutions that support teaching and learning in schools across the UK.
As Business Development Executive you will work in a supportive team environment, generating interest over the phone and following up leads through to successful sale (commission is paid on a team target). You role will be focussed on new business acquisition, working across a variety of campaigns, engaging school leaders in conversations over the phone, and then using these conversations to uncover and create new sales opportunities.
As Sales/ Business Development Executive you will have the opportunity to effectively target emerging market opportunities and create demand for a select group of high value services that are critical to the continued success of RM and its position as the leading provider of software and services to UK education.
- Drive the acquisition of new business exceeding revenue and profit growth targets
- Support field sales staff and other RM product teams to maximise every opportunity
- Generate upsell and cross sell opportunities for the wider RM portfolio
- Qualify the opportunities identified and present propositions that are both valued by the customer and profitable to RM
- Establish strong customer relationships and provide outstanding customer service
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline of expertly qualified leads and successfully convert more than is required to deliver the team's sales targets.
- Prospecting, lead nurturing, pipeline conversion
Skills & experience
- Proven track record in a Sales role with evidence of delivering successfully over the phone - ideally in the IT sector
- An interest in or knowledge of the education sector
- Capable of engaging with, maintaining and winning accounts in areas where competition is strong
- Ability to instantly connect with customers and prospects, uncovering the customer's situation and needs
- Self-motivated, operates at pace and takes responsibility for own performance and learning.
- Determined to succeed and recognises importance of measuring and reviewing key performance indicators
- High standards - Continually strives to improve, irrespective of experience or success levels
- A-Level standard education
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance