Project Quantity Surveyor - Sunny Southampton
Position: Project Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 p/a + £5K Car allowance, fuel card, pension, private healthcare (vitality)
Contact: Tom Perkin, Unite People Ltd
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced quantity surveyor, looking to take their career to the next level. Our client is an industry-leader, specialising in iconic commercial developments and renowned for their excellent career prospects. They are seeking to employ an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a prestigious project in Southampton. Future work will be in the same region.
They have a key focus on culture - ensuring their projects are a happy & healthy place to work via various incentives. They also value people's loyalty - they have one of the best staff-retention rates in the industry and a very low staff-turnover. This is largely due to the support their staff receive, and the wealth of internal opportunities for promotion. In short, an excellent working environment.
Project Quantity Surveyor:
You will be project-based, and take the lead commercially. You will join the project during its first phase, and be involved in procurement right through to final accounts. A Senior QS and an MQS will assist and support you in getting the job up and running. You will have a trainee & assistant QS supporting you on the job thereafter, with the MQS visiting site periodically.
- Should be degree educated or similar
- Should have demonstrable track record with main contractors or sub-contractors
- You will be experienced in the effective commercial running of building projects.
- You will have a good understanding of the JCT form of contract
- You will live in or within commutable distance to Southampton.
- Membership of the appropriate institution i.e RICS
- Procurement of Sub-Contract packages
- Managing/Negotiation of Sub-Contract packages.
- Produce monthly commercial reports.
- Monthly financial reviews.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Validation of Contracts.
- To agree and resolve final accounts.
- Manage and implementation the insurances for the work packages.
- Cost value reconciliations and the variation's procedures.
- Risk and opportunity management procedures.
In return, we are offering a highly competitive rate of pay on a long-term contract - conveniently located in sunny Southampton. Future work will be in the same region.
If you feel you have the necessary skills & experience to succeed in the role, then please forward me your CV via the link below, for a quick response.