A very credible main contractor who has an established client base in the South of England is currently seeking a Junior Estimator to join their pre-construction team. Based in Surrey and with a turnover more than £250m, they have grown its UK wide reputation for building some very interesting and large scale infrastructure, build and civil schemes up to the value of £150m. The Junior Estimator however, will be focusing on build projects in the South Central and South East region within the Education and Healthcare sectors on schemes up to £40m.
As Junior Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Prepare documentation to assist the Senior Estimator
- Gather details for developing subcontractor packages
- Prepare documentation for the Quantity Surveyors
- Maintain internal supply chain databases
- Ensure that final touches are complete when submitting tenders
- Enroll on internal and external training courses
To be considered for the Junior Estimator position you must have the following skills and experience:
- Industry recognized degree or equivalent experience - Civil Engineering / Construction Management / Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying / HND etc.
- CSCS Card and relevant tickets
- Very strong communication and written skills
- Negotiation skills
- Can adapt to working on site and in the office
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
This opportunity will offer the successful candidate a fast-tracked career in the estimating environment and will give you the opportunity to work on interesting and demanding UK based projects. You will be paid a generous basic salary with travel expenses, private healthcare and a contributory pension scheme.