A main contractor who has been growing consistently for over 70 years and has built an enviable reputation is seeking an Estimator. Their order book is currently full with some unique and complex schemes in the South East. They have a culture which is so good to work in that the retention rate is incredible and once you join, you'll find yourself finally settled and working for a business that invests heavily into its people and ensures that you are very well looked after. They cover other sectors including Civil Engineering and Construction and currently find themselves in the top 100 contractors with the most contract wins in 2016.
As an Estimator, you will be responsible for the likes of:
- Preparing work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Present prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To be considered for the Estimator position you will have the following experience:
- Have worked in an estimating role for a minimum of 8 years.
- Have a stable career working for recognizable main contractors from the UK.
- Able to demonstrate successfully estimating build projects.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about the construction industry.
- Ideally have an industry recognized degree however, this is not an essential.