Company - Leading manufacturing company.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join the team of a leading manufacturing company in Bridgend.
As a member of the UK leadership team, responsible for the timely sourcing of direct and indirect goods and services, from both UK and overseas. Setting out and implementing a procurement strategy for the future security and development of the business. Developing and delivering continuous improvements in the supply base to enable the company to function efficiently with optimum cash flow. Manage the inventory holding in line with business requirements.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Negotiate cost effective supply contracts / framework agreements with suppliers for the procurement of goods or services
- Manage suppliers to ensure supplier delivery performance against target. Communicate back to suppliers and monitor any agreed action plans
- With existing, preferred suppliers, work consistently to find opportunities to make further procurement savings securing best price through supplier negotiations and collaboration to include value engineering, other opportunities including bench marking to prove competitive advantage.
- Manage and develop the suppliers according to both internal systems, e.g. SCARs and external impacts e.g. legislation, WRAS, and ensuring the contracts are implemented/maintained
- Ensure that system costs are maintained, with correct effectivity dates, and any increases are only agreed in line with Company procedures.
- Ensure all production materials (existing and NPI) are delivered in accordance with planned build time and are in accordance with the Company requirements in terms of specification, quality, delivery (quantity, time and place) while maintaining optimum agreed stock levels, minimising stock outs
- Monitor risks and opportunities in the market and the factors which may affect sourcing options and price / cost fluctuations
- System maintenance and housekeeping, data recording, filing and retention, in compliance with company standards and procedures
- Work closely with Production Planning and Sales to understand current demand and communicate effectively to suppliers in the form of material forecast
- Bench marking of existing supplier price performance against potential new suppliers in the market (worldwide) through comparative analysis.
- Ensure the MRP system is maintained and consistently meets the requirements of the business
- Monthly reporting on agreed KPIs, cost savings, supplier spend, supplier performance and related actions
- Supervise and mentor buyers in their day to day activities in order to meet Company objectives and to develop a succession plan.
Key skills and experience required:
- Minimum 5 years of procurement experience within an SME, high volume, manufacturing environment.
- Preferably CIPS qualified
- Must be innovative in generating savings and reduction of material quote
- Experienced and skilled in supplier sourcing, including Low Cost Country (LCC) sourcing
- Contract management and contract negotiation experience essential
- Be able to set and manage priorities
- Highly competent in Microsoft office
- Demonstrable experience in project management
- Proven experience in mentoring staff
- Ability to demonstrate the company core values; teamwork, accountability, respect, will to win and results orientated
Location - Bridgend - supplier visits as and when required.
Salary - £40-50K
Hours - Full Time over Monday to Friday