Junior Front Office Quant
An excellent opportunity has arisen junior quant who has strong programming skills within Python to join the front office team at a world leading Energy & Commodities business:
Some of the key responsibilities are outlined below although this is not an exhaustive list:
- Develop and run demand forecast models
- Perform back testing in order to improve forecast models
- Improve existing hedging strategies for overall portfolio or sub-portfolios
- Develop and run portfolio management reports
- Develop automated methods for manual tasks and write efficient data management algorithms
It is essential that you have either PhD or a strong MSc within a mathematical / science related subject. You will need to be able to code with Python and also ideally have some C++ experience. This is an entry level role within a market leader that can offer excellent career progression opportunities, so they are also looking for someone who is interested in the Energy & Commodity sector.
In return they are offering a starting salary of £35,000 plus bonus and benefits and huge career progression opportunities within the front office.