Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager/Account Manager
Bristol or home-based (with travel)
Marketing / Creative
Our client a leading creative agency are currently seeking a Business Development Manager role to identify and win new accounts, maximizing growth opportunities in line with business targets. Existing account relationships also need to be nurtured and cemented to create a stable pipeline and open the door to secure wider revenue streams. The Business Development Manager is expected to operate autonomously, representing the Company ethos and values to high value stakeholders, delivering engaging pitches, convincing tenders and negotiating terms.
The role is expected to personally manage accounts and project delivery from start to finish, delivering exceptional work, on time and to budget. Efficient project management and positive collaboration with the creative teams will be central to this, as is the ability to adapt and flex to evolving briefs as part of the everyday challenges of running client accounts.
- Sourcing, qualifying and closing of new clients
- Developing and managing a robust pipeline of new business prospects and opportunities
- Preparing and delivering pitches to individuals and organisations
- General writing, organisation and project management including writing client proposals, submitting tenders, pricing up work, managing budgets and project timelines
- Monitor and oversee the quality of service delivery in terms of efficiency and client satisfaction
- Working with the Editorial, Design and Marketing teams to resource plan and identify areas of opportunity and development
- Communicating, liaising and negotiating internally and externally, using appropriate methods to deliver profitable new business and sustainable relationships
· Degree education or equivalent preferred.
Experience of working in an agency environment in a client-facing development role e.g business development, account/relationship management
· Able to demonstrate quantifiable account development/sales results, aptitude and progression in business environment, in a client-facing role
· Ideally, experience of supporting/managing large accounts, tenders, European grant applications and/or negotiating contracts and working with legal counsel
· Some experience of products across a diverse range of communication channels (print, social media, video, animation) and understanding of the applications social media
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Particular confidence is required in engaging an audience, both on the phone and face to face, and presenting pitches
In return our client offers a salary of up to £37,000 basic (depending on experience) plus commission. OTE up to 46K - Plus excellent benefits and career opportunities.